Counseling for Couples, Families and Individuals
Your Relationships Are Worth It…
- Are you feeling unloved and disconnected?
- Constantly criticized?
- Maybe you and your partner have the same argument over and over, and nothing gets resolved.
- Or you’ve given up fighting and function like roommates, feeling more alone when you’re together than when you’re apart.
- Or you’ve been betrayed, and don’t know if you can trust again.
- Or maybe your relationship with your children or parents has become toxic…when our core relationships feel broken, we feel broken.
First — know that you are not alone. Many people struggle with these issues.
Second — know that your pain is very real. As human beings, we are hard-wired to need connection. If you aren’t feeling connected to the most important people in your life, it is deeply painful.
Third — know that things can change. Couples therapy can transform relationships. Marriage counseling can save marriages. Family therapy can bring peace to families.
Improving your relationships is one of the most powerful ways you can improve your life. I help couples and families reduce conflict and increase connection, fun and love using a proven therapeutic approach called Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) and Emotionally-Focused Family Therapy. Developed by Dr. Sue Johnson, EFT is an evidence-based approach with a track record for helping couples. The therapy is built on the science of attachment, a well-researched field of study about the basic needs for bonding shared by us all.
Because safe, loving connection is the cornerstone of all mental health, I use EFT-informed therapy to help individuals and families also. If any relationship in your life needs repair, including your relationship with yourself, EFT therapy can help.
Call me for a free consultation to find out how together we can help transform your relationships…and your life.
I look forward to speaking with you-
Macdara MacColl, LMFT
Couples Counseling of CT
1110 Boston Post Road
(And by the way…just call me Mac.)